Most people will experience periods of sadness, or feeling blue, in their lifetime; however, one in ten Americans will experience something altogether more difficult — clinical depression.
Are you depressed?
A recent article on Psychology Today described symptoms of depression as ...
- Persistent feelings of sadness and anxiety
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feeling worthlessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
- Decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Insomnia, early morning awakening or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight loss, or overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders and chronic pain
There's Hope for healing
Depression, even the most severe case, responds well to treatment. The staff at Seasons Counseling Orlando wants you to know that you are not alone. We utilize various research-based treatment options to help you feel equipped to manage depression. We work with clients to create a treatment plan customized to their individual needs. Various forms of treatment may include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness Interventions, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Relational, Psychodynamic, Object Relations, Gestalt and Emotions Focused Therapy approaches.